Here are some tips for completing your 2018 gifts to GSCF before the end of the year. If you have any questions about year-end giving, contact Susan Weis, Director of Finance, at 785-823-1800 or email@example.com.
To Make Your Gift by Check:
- Date your check on or before December 31, 2018.
- Mail via U.S. Postal Service with a postmark on or before December 31.
- All checks should be mailed, shipped or hand delivered to: Osborne County Community Foundation, P.O. Box 85, Osborne, KS 67473.
- Note: Checks that are mailed through the U.S. Postal service with a postmark and check date before December 31, 2018, will be counted for 2018 gifts regardless of when they arrive at the Foundation.
Your Gift of Securities (stocks, bonds, mutual funds):
- Deadline for gifts of securities to be initiated is December 27, 2018.
- Contact your broker early to determine the processing time necessary to complete your gift of publicly traded securities.
- Have your broker contact the foundation with the following information:
- Name/address of donor
- Date of gift
- Security(ies) gifted
- Number of shares gifted
- Price per share (high and low or closing price for mutual funds) on date of gift
- If your broker needs transfer instructions, they should call Susan Weis at 785-823-1800 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For securities held in physical form, please do not sign the stock certificate; call the GSCF office for detailed instructions.
- Note: The amount of your charitable deduction depends on the value of the securities at the time the securities are gifted. Your deduction is determined by the average of the high price and the low price per share on the day or the gift for stock. For mutual funds, the deduction is determined by the closing price.
IRA Charitable Rollovers:
- Donors age 70½ or older may make a qualified charitable distribution from their traditional IRA to GSCF.
- The amount distributed directly to any fund at GSCF can be excluded from your gross income, meaning you will not be taxed on the distribution, and it will count towards your required minimum distribution.
- Charitable distributions from individual IRAs are capped at $100,000 each year.
- Note: Tax situations vary. We encourage you to consult your tax or financial advisor regarding retirement account gifts.
- Click here for more information on giving through IRA Charitable Rollovers.