Our mission is to build permanent endowment funds and meet charitable community needs. The Foundation achieves its mission by:
- Enabling donors to fulfill their charitable desires
- Increasing the capacity of nonprofit organizations to fulfill their individual missions
- Facilitating prudent management and care of funds
- Promoting community philanthropy through education
- Providing affiliate services to neighboring communities
- Meeting needs through grants, scholarships, and pass-through funds
The Osborne County Community Foundation was founded in February, 2017, to serve as a vehicle for charitable giving benefiting communities in Osborne County. The Foundation is a permanent source of charitable assets to meet both emerging and existing needs of the local communities.
The Foundation believes that as a community we are stronger than we are as individuals. This belief is reflected in our rope logo.
“The idea of a rope– individual fibers braided together to make a stronger whole– inspired this design. The same principle applies in a community: many individuals and groups working together to do what cannot be done alone. The Community Foundation provides a ‘rope’ for this area, enabling projects and furthering creative ideas that might unravel without community help and support.” – Pamela Harris, Designer
The Osborne County Community Foundation is one of thirteen affiliates in the Greater Salina Community Foundation (GSCF) in Salina, Kansas. The Greater Salina Community Foundation was established in 1999 and is led by Director, Jessica Martin. Including its affiliates, GSCF has more than $200 million in assets.